Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Forward or Stuck

I recently got laid off. It's a story so popular in the last few years this can only get lumped in with all the other similar stories.  I have no idea what's next. Everyone says it will work out just the way it is supposed to and there are only good things in store for me. I'm brilliant and will have a fantastic new job soon. Let's hope they see a rainbow I just haven't seen yet. Nothing like being let go to really bruise my ego and smash that confidence.

That's the sad news. The good news is I got some severance and am planning to do something wonderful and life changing with it. Or just something useful that moves my life forward. I do not know what yet but please join me on my journey as I find out.

First things first -- what do people with money and time on their hands do? Well I hit the road. I love to travel. It is a passion of mine and has been all my life. My first trip was at age 8 months when my family moved to the UK. I was on the Concorde at age 3. I have lived on 3 continents and been to every continent except Antarctica.  I like planes, I like hotels, I like airports. Ok, well not so much recently with the changes post September 2011 but I still get that feeling at an airport that I am about to embark on an adventures, no matter how small and insignificant.

How will I handle a fixed income that may have to last a long time and champagne travel tastes? I budget big time. I rave about my personal finance skills but I am well aware that I had steady income while I honed those skills. Will that translate well into keeping up almost the same life style and doing it with no additional income. Stay tuned to see how this moves Forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment